2020 Sea Doo Spark 900: New Sea-Doo Spark With Rotax 900 ACE Engine
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 So you are thinking of buying the Seadoo Spark? Is it worth it? YES! and a little bit not really.
The Seadoo Spark isn’t for everyone. A lot of people won’t like it and will actually think it’s nonsense. You can’t make everyone happy. I have driven it before and in fact, I have it too. What I want to do is provide my unbiased review.
I like to think that Seadoo is Apple’s world boat in the way they release new products. Spark is definitely the iPhone Seadoo. Five color choices, 2 seats or 3 seats, and two engine options.
Before they released Spark, we all taught Seadoo to actually release a cheaper, 2 seater boat with a small engine. We really thought that Seadoo would put their new 2-stroke Evinrude Engine on the Jet Ski and would call it something crazy like the GTI-S or something similar.
We get the little details wrong but the concept is right, Seadoo released a more affordable boat in September 2013. The world loves it!
I do remember the first trip with Spark. It was December and as soon as we got him out of the truck we took him out of the crate, put the gas in, and took him into the lake. The temperature was around 20 degrees but nobody cared because everyone wanted to ride it.
What we noticed while driving was that we were never completely wet and we also didn’t want the cold lake water to fall on us. We can easily rotate it and jump into our own shape. The top speed is 50MPH but it feels like 80MPH because Spark Watercraft is so small.
To meet the demand for sparks we actually did a two-day trial. Spark gets more attention than bigger boats. From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both days, we always have someone who is really excited. It cost us about $ 25 to fill it up and we didn’t have to restock it until the next day.
We’re talking about $ 25 which is the cost to run the Spark from 10 to 5 at full speed. This is so cheap for a boat, a normal size boat will be double that.
I never expected to sell the Seadoo Spark but we did and it happened during the summer. The demand for Sparks is great! The price point is great and since writing this post in February we’ve sold 10% of our Spark Inventory so far.
I never got to the front storage bucket because I never really needed to carry anything. Everything I own fits in the glove box or on the side access panel for the Saftey Kit. I also never got a reboarding step either. While on the dock I was testing to see if I could ride the Spark without a step and I could so I never felt the need for it.
Fun to drive and easy to tow with most sedans the SPARK is designed to make the most of your summers on the water.
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 Feature Highlights
- BRP Audio – Portable System (Optional): High-quality, 50-watt waterproof Bluetooth® portable sound system.
- Polytec ™: Innovative material that reduces weight while optimizing performance and efficiency. Colored prints are more scratch-resistant than fiberglass.
- Rotax® 900 ACE ™ – 60/900 ACE ™ – 90: Two Rotax® engine options are fuel-efficient, compact, and lightweight.
- Front Storage Kit (optional): Additional storage space to carry more tools.
- Slim Seat: Designed to increase freedom of movement while riding.
- Step Up (optional): Make waterboarding easier and faster.
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 Capacity
- Rider Capacity: 2
- Weight Capacity: 352 lb / 160 kg
- Fuel Capacity: 7.9 US gal / 30 L
- Storage Capacity – Glove Box: 0.42 US gal / 1.6 L
- Storage Capacity – Front Bin: 7 US gal / 27 L (900 ACE ™ – 60 Accessory)
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 Size
- Feet: 110 inches / 279 cm
- Width: 46.4 inches / 118 cm
- Height: 41.1 inches / 104.5 cm
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 Hull
- Type: SPARK® Hull
- Material: Polytec ™
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 Rotax® engine
- Model: 2-up splash
- Horsepower: 90 hp
- Intake System: Naturally aspirated
- Displacement: 899 cc
- Cooling: Closed-Loop Cooling (CLCS) System
- Reverse System: Electronic iBR® * (Optional)
- Fuel Type: 87 octane
- Throttle System: iTC ™ (Intelligent Throttle Control) System
- Exhaust System: D-Sea-BeI ™ System
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 Measure
- Gauge Type: Compact
- Main Functions: Speedometer, RPM, Vehicle Clock Display, Sports Mode
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 Weight
- Dry Weight: 425 lb / 193 kg **
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 Guarantee
- The BRP limited warranty covers the boat for one year.
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 Other features
- Slim Chair
- Safety Rope
- LinQ ™ Attachment System (Accessories)
- Wet grip Footboard
- Grip with Armrest
- Tow Hook
2020 Sea-Doo Spark 900 Price
2020 Sea-Doo SPARK® 2-UP 900 ACE ™ 90 with $ 7,499.00